NEW TRUSTEES NEEDED!
A priority for the current Board of Trustees is to enhance the skills base of the Board by recruiting new trustees who can bring skills and expertise that will add value to the work of the Trust. We wish to attract people who share the vision and aims of the Trust and its founder and have the professional experience and expertise to contribute to the strategic vision of the Trust and the development of a 5-year implementation plan that will provide the framework to take forward the work of the Trust. The Trust is therefore interested in recruiting new trustees with the following skills and interests: A passion for education, particularly of children of pre-teen age An interest in development issues and a desire to make a difference Some experience of the developing world (particularly of Africa) would be useful Previous experience of the voluntary sector, ideally in finance, fundraising, governance, administration, or strategic planning Please contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in joining us!
It is the responsibility of Trustees to uphold the values of the charity, specifically to:
- Act according to the governing document (Trustees Code of Conduct) and the law
- Act in the best interest of TLBPET as a whole
- Manage conflicts of interest effectively
- Respect confidentiality
- Have a sound and up-to-date knowledge of TLBPET and its environment
- Attend meetings and other appointments or give apologies
- Prepare fully for meetings and all work relating to TLBPET
- Actively engage in discussion, debate and voting in meetings
- Act jointly and accept a majority decision
- Work considerately and respectfully with all members